Monday 15 November 2010

Questionnaire Analysis

I circulated a questionnaire around some of the students and found that a staggering 95% of the students I asked don’t read the college magazine. This shows that clearly the magazine is not appealing to its target audience or giving them what they want. The next question asked what they would like to see in a college magazine. The majority of the people I surveyed said they would like things like: news, events, college information, sport, gaming, fashion and jobs to be included in the magazine. Content like a ‘What’s on’ guide, subject information, revision material and interesting articles, where also popular ideas. For things that they would like to see in a college magazine.

When I asked people what would encourage you to buy a college magazine, nice colours, looking professional and free things such as vouchers and competitions, were all suggested. I asked when they would like a college magazine to be released, and I got a spread of answers, but the majority said that a monthly issue would be good. A large percentage of the people I asked said they would be prepared to pay around 50p for a college magazine. However 90% of them said that they would not be prepared to subscribe to the magazine. Because of this I would offer a discount of a couple of pounds for subscribing as opposed to buying each issue individually on release.

No comments:

Post a Comment